COMMITTEE MEETING MINUTES – 5 MAY 2019

The General Meeting held on 5 May 2019 commenced at 4.28pm at Sydney, NSW Australia via online messenger call.

Present Richard Alley (chairman), Rhys James, Michaela Smith, Lukah Bain, Nicholas Faulks, Itamar Steigrad

Apologies Alexander Robinson, Filip Stempien, Jared Abbott 1. Proposal from Stephania Zitis / Women of Sydney Parkour for funding of 2 flights for female athletes for Jump Off

(a) Discussion about athletes’ affiliation with FIG; both have participated in FIG World Cup very recently. This is a big issue for committee as we don’t want to be seen as affiliating with FIG or FIG athletes.

(b) Itamar has met both athletes and agrees that they are both high-level, and friendly.

(c) Still issues as to what Parkour NSW gets in return for investment. It is still unclear how women who currently train would probably enjoy having higher-level athletes around to train with, there is no indication as to how this will encourage new women to join.

(e) Chairman called for formal vote.

(f) Committee unanimously voted “no”

2. Proposal from AAPES

(a) Agreed this proposal has significant benefits for Parkour NSW.

(b) Discussion as to whether we have the resources at the moment to take advantage of any gains – e.g. we can add 1000+ people to our mailing list, but what do we then do with that?

(c) It was noted that we would be largely paying for legitimacy, at the moment Parkour NSW is largely irrelevant within the community.

(d) Sponsoring a community event aligns with our goals and values as it directly gives back to the community.

(e) Chairman called for formal vote

(f) Votes yes: Michaela, Lukah, Nicholas Votes no: Richard, Rhys, Itamar

(h) President votes “No” with second vote.

(g) Noted by chairman that under the constitution, for any tied vote on an issue, the president receives a second vote to decide the issue.

(i) Further discussion – “No” voters concerned with the amount of money; may reconsider vote if amount of money changed to something lower. E.g. funding two athletes instead of three, or if further benefits could be attained e.g. future venue hire agreement with AAPES

(j) Question raised; if this proposal was raised by another person or entity (e.g. Djordje or Jump Squad) would “yes” votes still be “yes”, or is it because people like JP? Noted that “yes” voters not voting because of JP – voting because the event is the largest free parkour event in the Southern Hemisphere that directly benefits the local parkour community, and the Australian parkour community. Noted that not all committee members have a good history with JP, so votes can’t be considered personal.

(k) Questions also raised as to who would be filming any videos at Jump Off. (l) Itamar noted he would vote yes if funding was for $1,500.
(m) Rhys noted he would vote yes if funding was for $2,000.
(n) Richard noted he would vote yes if funding was for $2,200.

(o) Committee agreed President and Vice-President to revert to JP with the following two offers: 1. Offer $2,000 with same benefits to Parkour NSW as listed in proposal; 2. Offer ~$4,000 with same benefits to Parkour NSW as listed in proposal, plus further benefits e.g. future venue hire, and an ongoing relationship re same (details to be worked out)

Meeting closed at 5.03 pm

COMMITTEE MEETING MINUTES – 3 MARCH 2019

The General Meeting held on 3 March 2019 commenced at 4.03pm at University of Technology, Sydney NSW, Australia

Present

Richard Alley (chairman), Michaela Smith, Lukah Bain, Nicholas Faulks, Jared Abbott, Alexander Robinson, Filip Stempien

Apologies

Itamar Steigrad, Rhys James

1. Minutes of previous meeting

19 January 2019 minutes tabled by Michaela Smith and accepted

2. Business arising from previous minutes

(a) Register of members

Michaela confirmed we now have the register of members, needs further review to ascertain whether it is accurate

Action: MJS

(b) Crash mats

Michaela confirmed JP is happy to purchase the crash mats back from Parkour NSW for the same costs as recovering them.

(c) Website

• Committee agreed that in line with commitment for transparency, the website should have a page where minutes of Parkour NSW meetings can be downloaded.

Action: Richard Alley to create and update webpage

• Committee agreed website needs to be made compatible for mobile devices. Filip agreed to assist with this.

3. Social Media Committee Update

• Richard to set up Later account, for social media committee to schedule / review posts.

• Confirmed that social media post of new committee has been uploaded, and had a good reception.

• Discussion as to what we post: committee agreed our social media is to look professional, and have a positive outlook.

• It was agreed that the social media committee is responsible for delegating roles as to posting, and drafting a social media policy.

Action: Create social media policy

• Content to be shared includes news stories, any positive portrayal of parkour, new events taking place in the community.

• It was agreed that reposting social media content (video posts for e.g.) should be contained to Instagram / facebook stories, and sharing of news and events should be contained to actual Instagram/ facebook posts.

4. Qualifications Update

• Committee agreed that our long term goal is to be recognised by NSW Sports and Rec (government body) as an official sporting organisation – this will assist affiliates with obtaining government grants, insurance etc.

• Qualifications to include a theory and safety aspect of teaching, and information about anatomy

• Qualifications to be made easily accessible on website.

• Agreed that to progress the qualifications, to create a Quals Committee: members to be Filip, Michaela, Richard.

Action Items:

• Richard: review UK qualifications

• Filip: Review all documents currently on drive from previous committee qualifications attempt, and create a summary

• Michaela: review qualifications from other sporting organisations

• Alex: upload Cert III, Cert IV materials to Google Drive

5. Secretary Update

Constitution

• Michaela advised review of constitution obtained from Fair Trading NSW.

• Previous secretary (Monique McDonald) never lodged the Constitution with Fair Trading NSW after it was updated. Therefore, any changes made are not valid.

• The “valid” constitution is not the constitution we have been operating under; therefore it is questionable as to whether members a valid, also committee exceeds number of committee members.

• Legal advice received was that as everyone has been operating under the “invalid” constitution, there has not been any “unfair” actions taking place.

• To update the Constitution, a special resolution has to be held. As we are only 3 months out from the end of financial year (at which time we are required to hold an AGM and any special resolution votes can be held), committee voted that any special resolutions to be passed are to be presented at the AGM.

• Committee resolved that search fee from obtaining Constitution to be reimbursed to Michaela

6. Treasurer Update

• Michaela provided update on access to Westpac accounts: currently signatories have not yet been changed due to difficulties with the bank requesting different things each time we attend. This will be resolved in the following week.

• Annual summary of financial affairs is still to be lodged with Fair Trading NSW – has been unable to thus far, due to access issues.

7. General Business

(a) APA Response letter

• Richard circulated the APA’s response to our letter reaching out.

• Agreed we should respond, and tone should be neutral

• Request clarification of “partnership policy” and “National Sporting Organisation”

• Re their request for a meeting: agreed to request an agenda for meeting and details for any proposed compensation

(b) Events

• Filip raised “We Jump NSW” as an event suggestion. Lack of liability insurance raised as risk; suggestion of making event online/using a hashtag to endorse but not “run” the event instead.

• Committee agreed that Parkour NSW exists to help facilitate community, and we can do that by supporting events held by the parkour community.

• Committee agreed to put a social media callout for events, and put those events on a calendar on the website. Discussion about whether to include monthly Sydney Parkour jams on calendar was not resolved and remains undecided.

• Jump Off / AAPES Botany events: discussion took place as to what Parkour NSW can reasonably provide – money, talks (i.e. recap of FIG drama, what is parkour, etc etc). Can also take the opportunity to hold an information stall at Jump Off, to educate parkour community on Parkour NSW, its goals, collect email addresses for newsletter, promote our AGM etc etc. Parkour NSW could hold a BBQ at AAPES Botany opening event.

• Committee to consider need for posters, gazebo, table, chair etc or whether can hire.

Action Items:

• Michaela to talk with JP about Parkour NSW at Jump Off, AAPES Botany opening and notify committee.

• Richard to set up email addressed events@ and committee@

• Alex: Contact other parkour organisations and businesses for details of any events they are holding.

• Alex: Brainstorm Jump Off stall ideas

(c) Re-Branding

• Committee agreed this was a future project.

• Discussion as to merchandise (utility?); also agreed future project.

8. Meeting closed at 5.51pm

Next meeting scheduled for afternoon of 31 March 2019